- The RailsBridge Mission:
The RailsBridge Mission:¶
To create an inclusive and friendly Ruby on Rails community.
The RailsBridge Guidelines:¶
- First, do no harm. Then, help where you can.
- Bridge the gap from aspiring developer to contributing community member, through mentoring, teaching, and writing.
- Reach out to individuals and groups who are underrepresented in the community.
- Collaborate with other groups with similar goals.
Our members are pursuing a variety of projects in support of our mission. Email the contact person or join our mailing list to get involved:
- Public Rails Workshops (Sarah Mei, sarahmei at gmail dot com)
- Teaching Ruby to Kids (Sarah Allen, sarah at ultrasaurus dot com)
- Current Blog Information Locator (Elad Meidar, eize dot sus at gmail dot com)
- Online Mentoring Application (Brian Hogan, bphogan at gmail dot com)
- Courseware for Newcomers to Rails (Dana Jones)
- Code Reviews for Students (Mike Gunderloy)
- Ruby Challenge (Marianna Kenesy)
- Pro Bono Site Work for Non-Profits (Mike Breen)
- RailsBridge Wiki (Jeff Schoolcraft)
- RailsBridge Site Redesign (Elad Meidar, eize dot sus at gmail dot com)
To succeed, we need your help! Here's what you can do to be a part of the RailsBridge vision:
- Join the Google Group
- Hang with us in the #railsbridge IRC channel on Freenode
- Help out with a current project
- Propose new projects
- Follow us on Twitter
- Work to create the community you want
You decide how much information you want to give us...
- Low tech, cheap alternative to confreaks fabulous service.