h1. The RailsBridge Mission:
To create an inclusive and friendly Ruby on Rails community.
h2. The RailsBridge Guidelines:
* First, do no harm. Then, help where you can.
* Bridge the gap from aspiring developer to contributing community member, through mentoring, teaching, and writing.
* Reach out to individuals and groups who are underrepresented in the community.
* Collaborate with other groups with similar goals.
h2. Get involved
To succeed, we need your help! Here's what you can do to be a part of the RailsBridge vision:
* Join the "Google Group":http://groups.google.com/group/railsbridge
* Hang with us in the #railsbridge IRC channel on "Freenode":http://freenode.net/ (not sure about IRC? check out our [[IRCGuide]])
* Help out with a current project
* Propose new projects
* Follow us on "Twitter":http://twitter.com/railsbridge
* Work to create the community you want
* Join one of our groups: "Facebook":http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=102525473836 or "Linkedin":http://www.linkedin.com/groups?about=&gid=2123131&trk=anet_ug_grppro
h2. Helping Bridgers
Ways to help out your fellow Bridgers.
* [[Work]] Looking for work? Need help with your workload? List enough details to make contact and work the rest out off wiki.
* [[BridgersProjects]] Show off stuff you're working on.
* [[VirtualLaunchLunch]] Releasing a product? Want to swap stories, share advice, commiserate, congratulate, etc, this is for you.
h2. Get informed
Let people know what's been going on by summaries to the mailing list, because it's hard to keep track of as this grows bigger and bigger.