- The RailsBridge Mission:
The RailsBridge Mission:¶
To create an inclusive and friendly Ruby on Rails community.
The RailsBridge Guidelines:¶
- First, do no harm. Then, help where you can.
- Bridge the gap from aspiring developer to contributing community member, through mentoring, teaching, and writing.
- Reach out to individuals and groups who are underrepresented in the community.
- Collaborate with other groups with similar goals.
Our members are pursuing a variety of projects in support of our mission. Email the contact person or join our mailing list to get involved:
- Open Workshop Project (Sarah Mei, sarahmei at gmail dot com)
- Teaching Ruby to Kids (Sarah Allen, sarah at ultrasaurus dot com)
- Current Blog Information Locator (Elad Meidar, eize dot sus at gmail dot com)
- Rails Mentors - Online mentoring matchups (Brian Hogan, bphogan at gmail dot com)
- Rails Tutor - Courseware for Newcomers to Rails (Dana Jones)
- Code Reviews for Students (Mike Gunderloy, Zach Moazeni)
- Ruby Challenge (Marianna Kenesy)
- Pro Bono Site Work for Non-Profits (Mike Breen)
- RailsBridge Site Redesign (Elad Meidar, eize dot sus at gmail dot com)
- More Open Source Involvement (Eric Davis)
- Rails BugMash (Dan Pickett, Dan dot Pickett at gmail dot com)
- Rails Site Redesign (Sam Elliott, sam at lenary dot co dot uk)
- Merchandise (Elad Meidar, eize dot sus at gmail dot com and Eric Davis)
- Development Glossary
- Add your New Project Idea
To succeed, we need your help! Here's what you can do to be a part of the RailsBridge vision:
- Join the Google Group
- Hang with us in the #railsbridge IRC channel on Freenode (not sure about IRC? check out our IRCGuide)
- Help out with a current project
- Propose new projects
- Follow us on Twitter
- Work to create the community you want
- Join one of our groups: Facebook or Linkedin
Ways to help out your fellow Bridgers.
- Work Looking for work? Need help with your workload? List enough details to make contact and work the rest out off wiki.
- BridgersProjects Show off stuff you're working on.
- VirtualLaunchLunch Releasing a product? Want to swap stories, share advice, commiserate, congratulate, etc, this is for you.
Let people know what's been going on by summaries to the mailing list, because it's hard to keep track of as this grows bigger and bigger.
You decide how much information you want to give us...